The Project EYES
These YIT will develop a research, a survey to other young people, and interviews to identify the key fears and barriers from the youth perspective on energy and climate. This will improve their skills on analysing social matters, and on co-creating positive solutions to the barriers identified. This process will be mentored by a multidisciplinary Advisory Board (AB), composed by representatives of relevant stakeholders, who will act as role models for different climate change profiles. At the end of the YIT activities, they will produce Recommendations for policy makers on energy and climate planning, and on how to engage youth in these topics.
EYES will demonstrate that youth participation in public matters can have 3 relevant impacts
What is EYES ?
The EYES project consortium is represented by 8 partners in 6 different countries :
Ecoserveis with the City of Granollers (EYES in Spain)
EC Network with EUC Syd (EYES in Denmark)
Agence Locale de l’Energie et du Climat de la Métropole de Lyon (EYES in France)
Agenzia Napoletana Energia e Ambiente (EYES in Italy)
Union of Bulgarian Black Sea Local Authorities (EYES in Bulgaria)
Polish Network “Energie Cités” (EYES in Poland)
Each partner contribute to set up and coordinate the project at national and local level.
Developing and implementing innovative methods and practices to foster inclusive education and/or youth environments in specific contexts
The purpose of the project is to involve a group of young people (aged 17 – 29 years) in local climate and energy planning, targeting specifically vulnerable groups of youth.
and how the project addressed them
Citizenship participation is becoming a common tool for political participation of citizens at local, regional or national level, but at the same time it has been proven a powerful tool to develop civic skills, values and competences for active citizenship, like :
Increased capacity to analyse a phenomenon or a social problem of common interest (Diagnosis)
The project addresses two main challenges
and elements of the project
- Vulnerable young people most affected by climate change (CC)
- Vulnerable young people the less heard
- Tackle inequality among young people to empower them and mitigate the effects of CC on them
- Create Young Intervention Team of young people with different backgrounds to foster dialogue
- Develop Advisory Boards of experts that will act as role models to empower them
- The YIT develops a research to analyse what are the main motivations and fears of young people on tackling climate change
- The YIT creates a Climate Action Plan with the help of the Advisory Boards
- Young people between 18-29
- Local municipalities
- Education, Private and Public organizations (Advisory Boards)
- Climate change and/or energy local plans depending on the country)
During the months of March April,